The 37-year-old victim was diagnosed with adjustment disorder with depressive mood, and two years later, still experiences symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder, the court hears.
Source link
Spiritual 'master' given 12 years’ jail, caning for drugging and raping woman
Ang Mo Kio TB cluster: 2 possible active cases found
Of the 223 residents and former residents who were screened, majority tested negative for tuberculosis, while 45 may have latent TB and three had previously contracted the bacteria, says Ministry of Health.
Source link
More time for SingPass users to register for 2FA
SINGAPORE – SingPass users who have not registered for two-factor authentication (2FA) will have more time to do so, the Infocomm Development Authority (IDA) said in a statement today (July 4).
It was previously announced that 2FA would be compulsory from July 5 this year for all sensitive e-transactions with government bodies such as the Central Provident Fund Board and Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore.
2FA is a process that uses a randomly generated one-time password delivered via SMS or a token, which must be entered on top of the usual login requirements.
400,000 of the 2 million regular SingPass users – those who log in more than once a year – have yet to register for 2FA, the IDA said. There are currently 3.3 million SingPass users in total.
To “minimise disruption and provide flexibility” to those who have not signed up for 2FA, the IDA will be giving these users an additional 30 days from the day they log in after the original July 5 deadline.
This means that different users will have different due dates to set up their 2FA, depending on when they log in for the first time after July 5.
“This one-time grace period helps to minimise disruption and provide flexibility to different users who have not set up their 2FA and need to perform urgent e-transactions,” IDA assistant chief executive Chan Cheow Hoe said.
“However, the security of user accounts remains our priority. We will monitor the take-up rate of the remaining regular users before removing the grace period,” he added.
SingPass users can refer to the IDA’s FAQs or to the video guide below for more information on registering for 2FA.
huizhen@sph.com.sg

Singapore comedian could face Malaysia ban for calling PM Najib Razak a ‘thief’
THE youth wing of Malaysia’s ruling party is stealing the spotlight from a Singaporean comedian, calling for a ban on the performer after he jokingly called Prime Minister Najib Razak a “thief”.
Yesterday, Selangor state Umno Youth chief Zainuri Zainal urged Malaysia’s Home Ministry to block Fakkah Fuzz from entering the country over his “insolent” remark in his recent definition of the prime ministerial post.
“Fakkah Fuzz had rudely made a comparison on the definition of a thief in Singapore and Malaysia. He had likened the definition of a thief in Malaysia to the prime minister which is very disheartening,” he said in a statement, as quoted by The New Straits Times yesterday.
“This should not have happened, taking into the consideration that both countries have enjoy a good diplomatic relationship and have so long recognized our respective sovereignty.”
Zainuri said Fakkah should use other ways to entertain audiences instead of using Malaysia’s leader as the butt of his jokes.
“The act of using a leader of a neighbouring country as a joke is not mature and does not respect the sovereignty of Malaysia,” he said.

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak. Pic: AP.
“As citizens of Malaysia, Selangor Umno Youth is affected by this rude joke and we call on the ministry to bar Fakkah Fuzz from coming into Malaysia. Fakkah Fuzz should not meddle in the matters of Malaysia.”
In a skit, Fakkah said Singaporean Malays call a thief “penuchi” (thief), while Malaysian Malays call a thief “perdana menteri” (prime minister), Free Malaysia Today reported.
The joke was widely shared on social media over the last week.
Fakkah’s joke alluded to the controversy surrounding Malaysian premier Najib Razak who is embroiled in the 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) scandal involving billions of dollars in state funds.
SEE ALSO: SOPA Awards 2016: WSJ’s Asia economics editor named ‘Journalist of the Year’ for 1MDB coverage
Meanwhile, Fakkah has since apologized for the remark, saying he did not accuse anyone of stealing but was merely joking about current events, according to MalaysiaKini.
“I’m just saying what I hear, not saying ‘this person is guilty of this’. Not at all. Please don’t take what I said out of context as I’m not out to slander anyone,” he said in a Facebook post.
“Having said that, everyone needs to open their minds, be a little less sensitive and learn to take a joke once in a while.”
The post Singapore comedian could face Malaysia ban for calling PM Najib Razak a ‘thief’ appeared first on Asian Correspondent.
Poster poser: Mechanic Resurrection
MECHANIC: RESURRECTION
What It Looks Like:
Jason Statham stars as Chimp Spy – half man, half chimp, all spy. Combining the strength of a chimp with the…
Source link
8 in 10 regular SingPass users have set up two-factor authentication
SINGAPORE – Eight out of ten regular SingPass users have set up two-factor authentication, said the Infocomm Development Authority (IDA) in an update on Monday (July 4), the deadline for users to sign up for the two-step verification.
From Tuesday, more than…
Source link
IDA to extend period to register for SingPass 2FA
An additional 30 days will be given for SingPass users to register for two-factor authentication, which is needed to for the majority of Government e-services.
Source link
Five honoured for innovative approach to teaching
Teachers initiated programmes to reach out to at-risk youths and bring chemistry to life through forensic science.
Source link
China bus arsonist who killed 18 condemned to die
Beijing – A man convicted of killing 18 people when he set a public bus on fire in China has been sentenced to death, authorities said.
Ma Yongping, 34, in January set alight the bus in Yinchuan, capital of the remote northern region of Ningxia, leaving 18 people dead and another 32 injured.
He was convicted of arson and sentenced to death by the Yinchuan Intermediate People’s Court on Sunday, the city government said in a social media posting.
Ma admitted his actions but said he would appeal against the sentence, according to the government statement.
A college graduate who had studied in Japan, Ma had accumulated more than 300,000 yuan (S$60,521) in debts while a contractor on an engineering project, much of it salaries for his workers, according to previous Chinese media reports.
The company refused to pay him, they said, and on the morning of the attack he sent friends a message on chat application WeChat saying: “At a time when even a person’s basic rights can’t be guaranteed, he has a right to take action to fight for (them).” Chinese citizens have sometimes turned to violence against innocents in attempts to publicise their plight after failing to obtain redress for low-level disputes.
In 2013 a man started a fire on a vehicle in Xiamen in the eastern province of Fujian, killing 47 people including himself, after writing online he had appealed unsuccessfully to local police 56 times over social security benefits.

Caught on video: House topples onto another after landslide in Japan
A house fell onto another after a massive landslide occurred in Nagasaki, Japan, and it was smashed entirely into pieces.
The footage of this scene was captured live on camera and aired on national televsion, reported NBC News.
According to news site Japan Bullet, the incident occurred on Thursday (June 30) at about 10am and all residents in the area were evacuated after a stone wall had initially collapsed because of heavy rain.
The video shows mud sliding down a slope below the two-storey home which was tilting. The house then begins to tumble down and hits other houses below before breaking into pieces completely.
No one was injured in the incident. Police are also continuing to keep the area off-limits to prevent another home from collapsing, reported Japan Bullet.
Nagasaki in the Kyushu region of Japan has been experiencing heavy rains since last week.
Authorities have reminded residents to be on the alert for other possible mudslides, which have caused a woman, in her 50s, to be in a coma, reported Japan Times.
stephluo@sph.com.sg











