SINGAPORE – The Food Standards Australia and New Zealand has issued an alert that selected batches of Spring Bay Australian Mussels have been recalled, the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) said.
The mussels are said to be contaminated with a biotoxin and may cause diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, chills and abdominal pain if consumed.
AVA added that the implicated products were imported into Singapore and that the importer has completed the recall of the affected batches from the market.
Meanwhile, consumers who have purchased the affected products are advised against consuming it. Those who have, should seek medical advice if they have concerns.